An Entrepreneur Magazine winner of the "2015 Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America Award", located in the North Bay, is looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant that can hit the ground running in a fun, competitive, fast-paced environment with a LOT of room to grow and expand.
We're looking for someone PASSIONATE about their work and the impact they're having on the world. If you appreciate recognition for your contribution, this is the place for you.
The Sr. Staff Accountant is responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable for US Company and all general ledger activities for UK company. In addition, this position will also provide general accounting support and reporting.
Accounts Receivable (US)
1. Prepares invoices
2. Receives checks and electronic deposits and records payments in accounting system,
3. Processes settlement of credit card payments
4. Weekly follow up of overdue invoices
5. Maintains customer list in accounting system
Month End Close (US)
1. Enters journal entries for reclasses, accruals, etc.
2. Reconciles applicable balance sheet accounts
Accounts Receivable (UK)
1. Prepares invoices and records payments in accounting system.
2. Records commission payments in accounting system
3. Weekly follow up of overdue invoices
4. Maintains customer list in accounting system
Accounts Payable (UK)
1. Receives invoices, records them in the accounting system and corresponds with UK CPA firm to process payment
2. Performs a daily check of bank account for electronic withdrawals and records them in accounting system
3. Maintains vendor list in accounting system ensuring that all proper paperwork is on file such as W9s, Wire transfer forms, etc.
Month End Close (UK)
1. Prepares customer and supplier "self-billed" invoices and processes monthly commission run
2. Enters journal entries for reclasses, accruals, etc.
3. Reconciles applicable balance sheet accounts
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
2. Three to five years of similar or related experience.
3. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
4. A thorough understanding of the G/L process including accruals.
5. Experience with ERP software, experience with NetSuite &/or Sage a plus.
6. Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality
7. Must be reliable, maintain consistent attendance and meet strict deadlines.
8. Ability to prioritize tasks and complete work assignments with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to follow through and bring assignments to closure.
10. High attention to detail and ability to be flexible and learn quickly.
11. Ability to work in a cooperative and team environment, as well as, the ability to work independently.
**** This is an in-house position. It is NOT a telecommuting position.
We are an equal opportunity employer.